What I love about Las Vegas is the ability to travel the world by simply hotel hopping. Each hotel boasts global themes in outrageous ways, Vegas-style. Paris, Polynesia, Hollywood, Venice, Egypt, are just some to name a few. One of my favorite places to drop my bags is the New York New York Hotel Las Vegas. Why? Well, for a number of reasons. Location, great rates, layout of casino, great pizza, and my favorite pub around, Nine Fine Irishmen! So, come on. Welcome to New York, it’s been waiting for you.
Once you get there sign up for the Mlife card. It is a special rewards card that earns you points for a group of hotels during your visit. It is free to sign up and you earn points on everything for gambling to food. Just scan your card for every dollar you spend and receive special rewards.
I’ve been a member for a very long time and I’m not a high-roller, but thanks to my Mlife card I get AMAZING rates at New York New York throughout the year!
Drop Your Bags:
Check in is at 3:00 pm
Check out is at 11:00 am
- Park Avenue & Madison Avenue is 350-400 sq ft with either 1 King or 2 Queens. Rates are $50-$200 per night, depending on time of year and day of week.
- Spa Suite is 500 sq ft with one King bed, sitting area and has a clover-shaped tub for further relaxing. Rates have a big range from $50-$300.
- Marquis Suites are 700 sq ft with 1 King bed, dining table and 4-person whirl pool. Rates are $100 to $300.
- Player’s Suite is 700 sq ft- 800 sq ft, has 2 Queen beds and a separate seating area. Rates are $150-$300.
- 1Bedroom Luxury Suite is one of the newer rooms at NY NY and starts at $205. It has a wet bar, a 55” flat screen television (as opposed to the 40” in other room types), a spa tub, sitting area and dining table.
- Penthouse Suite is for those are or what-a-be VIP. 1100 sq ft, it has a master bedroom, living area, wet bar, robes, turn down service and more. To make a reservation, you’ll have to call. No online reservations for the Penthouse.
- Accessible Rooms are available for Park Avenue, Madison, Spa Suite, Marquis, 1 Bedroom Luxury Suite and 1 Bedroom Penthouse with roll in showers.
With my Mlife card my rate are always around $30 to $50 for a room even during the summer and even include free upgrades to suites every now and then.
Get Your Grub On:
- Tom’s Urban is one the newest restaurants in New York New York Hotel Las Vegas. I actually have not had a chance to check it out yet, but it sounds awesome. It is supposed to represent New York’s street food scene with a collection of yummy grub such as Crispy Duck Wings, Sticky buns, sandwiches, street tacos and so much more! Can’t wait to try it on my next visit!
- Nine Fine Irishmen is an authentic Irish pub in Las Vegas. You can actually read in more detail on my post Nine Fine Irishmen. Honestly, I don’t really go there for the food, but rather the entertainment and drinks. The fact that it is a restaurant is awesome for those of us who are parents, because we can at least catch an hour of live music while the pub is still serving food.
- Shake Shack is another new addition I have not tried yet, but it is supposed to be reminiscent of a roadside burger joint loaded with greasy goodness.
- Gallagher’s Steakhouse is where you go when you want some meat! Dine New York-style with dry-aged steak.
- You can’t have NYNY without a little Italian. Il Fornaio is one of my favorite restaurants at NYNY, because HotMama loves Italian food. I prefer to sit on the “patio,” because you get to be a part of all the action on the casino floor.
- Chin Chin Café & Sushi Bar is great if you are craving Chinese food and other pan-Asian delights. We’ve eaten here a few times, because Asian cuisine is another one of my favorites!
- Gonzalez Y Gonzalez is actually more Southwestern cuisine rather than Mexican.
- America is my spot for breakfast. When I was younger, I used to be fascinated by the giant model of the U.S that hovers overhead.
- 48th and Crepe
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs
- New York Pizzeria. I used to beg for this pizza and now we always make stop for my kids. What is awesome is that it is located right next the Times Square Bar, so parents and kids can have fun listening to the music even though we all can’t be in the bar.
- Broadway Burger Bar
- Greenwich Village eateries look as if you are wondering through the streets of New York where you can pop in for yummy nibbles along the way.
- Nine Fine Irishmen is home to my favorite Irish band Sin E Ri Ra. They before most nights starting at 9:00pm and kids are allowed until 10:00pm. I love the patio for enjoying warm Vegas nights!
- Bar at Times Square is always happening, however it is very small and usually a line to get in. I always travel with the kids and even before that, I would enjoy the music of the dueling pianos from the Pizzeria or casino floor.
- Center Bar is fun and like in the name of the bar, in the center of the Casino. It allows you to be a part of the action, but comfortably.
- Coyote Ugly is perfect for a wild country kind of night. It doesn’t really get exciting until later at night, so don’t bother trying to go early (booorrrinng). However, later means lines. Yuck.
- Pour 24 is great for beer lovers like me! This place has a HUGE selection of brews, domestic, imported and craft. Drinking makes you hungry, so there is pizza and calzones to fill you up more. Nothing like pizza and beer.
- Gonzalez Y Gonzalez has a great tequila bar and happy hour from 3-6pm with $5 Margaritas and house cocktails.
- High Limit Bar is self explanatory. I’ve never been for obvious reasons and you have, you probably don’t need this blog.
- The Lobby Bar is the perfect spot for your first drink once you check in with happy hour all day!
Hot Tip: Most of these places have happy hours, so check it out before you plan your evening. In addition, your Mlife card can provide drink specials at various establishments.
- The pool is not my favorite pool in Las Vegas (that’s at The Mirage), but it still makes for a nice place to cool off during the day. It was perfect when I was preggo with FireCracker! Plus, sometimes they have activities out there that can win you free drinks!
- The Big Apple Arcade is my kids’ favorite spot to enjoy the night before us parents have some fun at Nine Fine Irishmen.
The main attraction is the roller coaster that swoops around the top of the hotel. My kids are too little for it now, but one day you can bet they will ride it!
- Hershey’s Chocolate World where everything chocolate exists! Beware before entering with kids.
Zumanity by Cirque Du Soleil explores human sexuality in a brilliant and entertaining way. I love this show, but it is not for the kids. Get a sitter or bring Grams and have night out with your lover!
Blue Man Group is for families and just a short walk over to the Monte Carlo.
Reventon Latin Nights at Gonzalez Y Gonzalez is open to party from 11:00pm to 4:00am for those who love to dance the night away. Sorry kiddos, this event is 21 and over only.
Brooklyn Bridge located outside along the strip always has some kind of entertainment going on. Another reason I love the patio at Nine Fine Irishmen is that is overlooks the strip, the Brooklyn Bridge and all the activities!
That’s A Wrap:
If you are visiting Las Vegas, whether you are traveling with kids or not, New York New York Las Vegas is a great choice to stay or play. I love the nightlife, the rates, the exciting New York theme, and the proximity to other hotels like MGM and Monte Carlo. You are right next to the Excalibur too, which makes for a fun stop with the kids. I mean, who doesn’t love a colorful castle?
If we not staying at The Mirage, you can be sure to find us here! So, let’s get in the New York state of mind in Las Vegas!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.